• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White Box in Placed Image 2017 CC

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am placing a Die/Router Line PDF created using Illustrator into an INDD document over the top of an image to display where the die line will be placed (make sure wording isn't covered). However when I place the Die Line PDF, it has a white background and I cannot see any object below that layer... and yes, my Illustrator document does not have a white box in it. Simply strokes for the die line. Please advise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

ok - figured it out - when importing an.ai file, I had to turn on options at import and then select 'transparent background" as an import option. Importing with transparent background used to be the standard before - weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that the box in InDesign that contains the die has no fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there is no fill on the box placed in INDD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the graphic use any kind of transparency which had been flattened?

Which kind of PDF did you use? How did you create it? Is it the same with AI?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it does not. It is simply an overprint stroke and it was the same file format that I have used with previous versions. I also tried with a PDF compatible AI file and same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can share the problem PDF and AI files via dropbox or other file-sharing service, some of the users here can take a look and see if we can find what is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a dropbox folder.

Dropbox - INDD Issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue  - WTF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok - figured it out - when importing an.ai file, I had to turn on options at import and then select 'transparent background" as an import option. Importing with transparent background used to be the standard before - weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fezz-man, I'm with you. That used to be a default. I don't know of an instance where you wouldn't want that to be transparent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines