• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Git repository best practices?

Enthusiast ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those out there who have used git (or equivalent) with a development repo for Premiere extensions, what's the best practice here? Do you simply put the repo folder in the Adobe/CEP/extensions folder? Do something more fancy with shuffling files around from a build directory?

Would love to hear what has worked for people before I dive in and bump into some unforeseen walls that cause us some headaches...

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Hi sberic,

I´m a Mac guy. I have my extension/git-repo in the Documents folder like:

~/Documents/frameio-adobe-extension/

I created a symbolic link from this folder and have put it into the CEP/extension folder. Works fine and this way I don´t have the WIP files burried in a Library subfolder.

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sberic,

I´m a Mac guy. I have my extension/git-repo in the Documents folder like:

~/Documents/frameio-adobe-extension/

I created a symbolic link from this folder and have put it into the CEP/extension folder. Works fine and this way I don´t have the WIP files burried in a Library subfolder.

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a real slick solution! I like it a lot. No issues with debugging or handling ExtendScript (JSX) sessions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No issues yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For future viewers of this thread, @Thomas_Szabo's answer works great. The one extra thing I will highlight is that you need to use a symbolic link and not an alias. Premiere Pro does not properly indirect through aliases when located in the extensions directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines