• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening multiple ,indd files sent to me in a folder

Engaged ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project that was sent to me, I asked for the InDesign package folder but received a fzip older with the following

.indb file

.indd files ( 20 of them for 20 chapters)

document fonts  -folder

links folder

I want to open the files and save as ONE .indd file, I have never done that before can someone help me out here?

thx

dr

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The .indb file is the Book file that links the 20 chapters together. If you open that, you have easy access to all of your chapters, page numbers update across chapters, and all styles and master pages are able to be synced if you wish. When you are finished, you can output a single PDF from the book panel.

I cannot think of a good reason to combine these documents. The way it is, you can work with more manageable size files, and if there is an index involved, I think you will find that it works much faster the way it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the INDB file, all other INDD are linked to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as long as the separated pages output as one file thats OK with me but when I opened the book file I got the window with warnings, what do I do here?

InDesignBookWindow.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is likely just because of the files being moved.

Double-click on the files to open them in the book, and they will update in the panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open each document once and it will update. Not really a problem. You can also select all of them and Update all numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines