2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2008 9:09 AM by Patch

Shocwave detection and redirect script

Patch
      I am looking for a good shockwave detection and redirection script for a website.

It is likely that a number of visitors to this site will be on restricted account computers (for example in schools), so they will not be able to automatically install shockwave if it is not already on their computer.

For these users I would like to redirect them to a page where they are informed that they need shockwave, and either that they should install it... or visit another page for a link to a download version of the site.

However I am struggling to find something.

I have director MX2004, and the scripts supplied in the "Publish" section do not seem to work, and googling shockwave detection brings up plenty of pages about earthquakes, which while interesting are not helping me progress.

Does anyone know of anything?

Thanks

Patch
        • 1. Re: Shocwave detection and redirect script
          Nanomedia Level 1
          quote:

Originally posted by: Patch
          I have director MX2004, and the scripts supplied in the "Publish" section do not seem to work, and googling shockwave detection brings up plenty of pages about earthquakes, which while interesting are not helping me progress.

Check out this v10.1 earthquake:
          http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_15722
          It might be useful.
          • 2. Re: Shocwave detection and redirect script
            Patch Level 1
            Thanks for this. I had found this before, but it did not seem to work when i tried it.

It seems I have player 11.0.3r470 installed on my computer, and this script told me it was not the most up to date, even when I was checking for 10.1. However if change the tMinorVersion value to 0 then it works.

Looking at the script there seems to be a problem with the logic of the tests carried out. I have made a couple of changes, and this seems to work.

I am attaching the changed code in case it helps someone else.

Thanks for your help Nano media

Patch