• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I show slideshows of large photo collections within Lightroom on a tablet?

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have large collections of photos in Lightroom.  I show these collections, via a slideshow on a Samsung tablet running a slideshow app, Photcloud Slideshow.  This works well but the photos shown are the JPG or RAW files and do not include the edits made in Lightroom. I can overcome this by exporting my thousands of photos from Lightroom and showing the exported files but this would mean duplicate files that would have to be re-exported after any alterations are made.  Alternatively, I could synch the collections with my tablet but the tablet memory is smaller than the collection and even if I only synch part of the collection it would use up most of the tablet memory and I'm not sure what effect that would have on my Android phone's Lightroom Mobile app as the phone has less memory than the tablet. 

Question: Is it possible to use an Adobe product to show slideshows without synching, and therefore downloading, the files on to the tablet?

I am using subscription Adobe CC, Windows 7 PC and Android 6 tablet.

Thanks, in advance, for your responses.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Why can't you install Lightroom Mobile on the android tablet and show the slideshow? Using Lightroom Mobile doesn't download the images to the tablet or the phone. It simply creates a link between the mobile device and the online images.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't you install Lightroom Mobile on the android tablet and show the slideshow? Using Lightroom Mobile doesn't download the images to the tablet or the phone. It simply creates a link between the mobile device and the online images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you JimHess.  I had assumed that syncing would involve downloading but I tested this on a large collection and my storage on the phone didn't decrease so problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines