Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Money taken hostage by Adobe

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community and Adobe Team,

I've tried to solve this issue with your consultants via chat, but unfortunately with no success. I will describe it as briefly and understandable as possible.

On 31 October I decided to buy Adobe Premiere monthly plan for 36,89 EUR. I've transferred some polish zlotys (160 PLN) to my exchange bank and after convertion, I had 37 EUR. I tried to buy AP twice, but with no success. I was charged 2 EUR for NOTHING. Too bad Adobe doesn't mention that it will charge you 1 EUR to check validity of your credit card. So, I was charged TWICE for the check procedure and the monies are still missing (it's been 10 days). If Adobe mentioned on the payment page that it charges you 1 EUR additionaly I would've provided sufficient money.

I was forced to buy Adobe Premiere directly from my polish account via very unfair PLN-EUR exchange rate. I payed 171 PLN (instead of 160 PLN) plus additional 4,33 PLN as a credit card validity check (not again with this BULLSH*T). I don't have to mention that it's been 10 days and these 4,33 PLN were not returned to me.

To wrap up - instead of paying 160 PLN for the software, I payed ~26 PLN more. That's scandal.

What Adobe should do?

1) Inform their customers that they take 1 EUR to check the card (ON THE PAYMENT PAGE, BEFORE MAKING THE PAYMENT AND NOT IN THE FAQ SECTION);

2) Make sure that this 1 EUR is returned within 48 hours (as they promise). It's been 10 days...

Please advice what I should do know. If the problem is still unsolved, I will consider resigning from your software (I'm within 14 days that I can return it and get a full refund, assuming that you won't take money hostage again).

Also please advise, if I decide not to cancel my monthly plan, will I be charged automatically for this? Or is it up to me to decide whether and when I want another month (hopefully...)?

Kind regards,

Michal

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact support - For the link below click the Still Need Help? option in the blue area at the bottom and choose the chat or phone option...

Make sure you are logged in to the Adobe site, have cookies enabled, clear your cookie cache.  If it fails to connect try using a different browser.

Creative Cloud support (all Creative Cloud customer service issues)

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html ( http://adobe.ly/19llvMN )

Cancel your Creative Cloud membership

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ned,

As I mentioned in my original post, I've contacted their chat support twice and didn't get the solution to my problem. All I heard was that the money should be returned within 48 hours and for billing details I should contact my bank. But it is not my bank that took the money illegitimely and didn't return it.

I hoped that maybe making this issue public could bring the attention of the support stuff and shed some light on it. Maybe some other Adobe Community member had a similar problem.

I've looked through the forum and I'm surprised how many members have all sort of problems related to billing and payments. It doesn't look good for Adobe good reputation.

I guess that if I don't receive answer here, I will eventually contact them by phone (and probably have to pay from my own pocket for the telephone connection cost)

Kind regards,

Michal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi michalk50427903,

I am sorry for the unpleasant experience, if the issue is still unresolved, would you mind to share the case number by personal message.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi michalk50427903,

I certainly understand about this, I will certainly let the concerned team know about this so that they  can discuss for any amendment.

​Thanks for your feedback.

​Regards

​Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines