• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader DC Classic MUI - msp not applying in script

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are on Windows 7 Pro 32-bit and 64-bit.

I copied my script for Reader XI which has worked with no issues. The first command line is for the MSI and MST, then a second command line is for the MSP. They all run passively. Both are Classic Track MUI. Does this need to be in a separate script for DC?

When we run the MSP from a command prompt, we get this message: "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch."

I could not find an MSI download for the full version, so I ran the EXE (AcroRdr20151500630033_MUI.exe) and found the extracted files in C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Setup\{AC76BA86-7AD7-FFFF-7B44-AC0F074E4100} (from another post in here). I used the MSI to generate an MST with the Customization Wizard. I downloaded the latest update (AcroRdr2015Upd1500630243_MUI.msp) and added that to the script.

Does this new version require another method to deploy? Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

E Powell

Austin TX

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having issues with the .msp not applying. Will someone from Adobe please reply to this? How are other companies and agencies deploying Adobe Reader DC? We use SCCM and a script to deploy, and neither will apply the .msp. The only time I've run into this before is if the .msi and the .msp are not both MUI (or not MUI). Since there are no (Classic Track) .msp downloads that are not MUI, the full install needs to be MUI. How can I determine that?

Why is there no full download for Adobe Reader MUI DC on the product download page, Adobe - Adobe Reader : For Windows? As you can see from the original post, I had to wrangle around to get the .msi.

I would appreciate some sort of feedback on this issue. It's affecting approx. 1800 computers in our agency.

E Powell

Austin TX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi E Powell,

Sorry for the delay in response.

You may visit this documentation: Windows cmd line and msiexec — Enterprise Administration Guide about installing an update using the command line.

Also, you can extract msi from .exe file How to extract an MSI file from the EXE for Adobe Reader  and can download the setup from this link: Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Let us know if that helps.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, and I've been writing scripts to install Adobe products with updates for years. It's worked for every version before DC with no issues. I know how to extract the .msi, as I indicated in my original post. And the link is not for DC Classic, which is what my agency wants us to deploy. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded AcroRdr20151500630033_MUI.exe from ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/Acrobat2015/1500630033/

When I run it, the folder gets created C:\Users\All Users\Adobe\Setup\{AC76BA86-7AD7-FFFF-7B44-AE0F06755100}

This folder has extracted installation package. Please try to use it in you setup.

The ProductCode in this folder path is different from what you mentioned in your post. I suspect that you might be using incorrect combination of base MUI installer and AcroRdr2015Upd1500630243_MUI.msp Patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded and extracted Reader DC Classic with the link that you provided. It extracted to "C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Setup\{AC76BA86-7AD7-FFFF-7B44-AE0F06755100}" and "C:\Users\All Users\Adobe\Setup\{AC76BA86-7AD7-FFFF-7B44-AE0F06755100}". It does have the different GUID. I'll give it a try and let you know. Thanks.

E Powell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... now I can't get the 'bad' version of DC to uninstall. The Customization Wizard says I need to use setup.exe to uninstall DC (Installation Options: Remove all versions of Reader... For removing Reader DC, this option will only take effect when installation is triggered using Setup.exe).

When I run setup on the command line, I get a message that the transform is invalid or can't be found (similar message). I opened setup.ini and it refers to AcroRead.msi and AcroRead.mst, which are the correct names in the same folder as setup.exe and setup.ini. I added the full unc path, same message.

Yes, I could manually uninstall Reader DC to test the new download. However I will need to uninstall the bad version from the computers to which we've already deployed DC. So I wanted to test the entire thing. Then I just ran a command line with /x to uninstall the .msi then run the /i to install... it doesn't uninstall or install.

These products are quite a challenge to manage. I'm putting it away for the day and will look with new eyes tomorrow. Any insight before then is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

E Powell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Based on what understand from your description, I would suggest 2 steps

1. execute script to uninstall existing Reader.

Sample below using ProductCode from your original post.

msiexec /x {AC76BA86-7AD7-FFFF-7B44-AC0F074E4100}

2. install new Reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines