It looks pretty good and with proper tuning and outfitting it probably can do your editing. Different stores and sources have different configurations and I guess from your link you are in Europe. I can do it on my i7-4700HQ laptop with my 24 GB of RAM and a GTX 765M.
- The only thing that I would wish and wait for is a 6 GB GTX 1060 GPU instead of that 2 GB GTX 960, a world of performance difference
- The version I found is advertising a 512GB PCIe SSD but do not be deceived, it is not a Samsung M.2 950/960 Pro class device, it is only SATA III speeds
- I wish I had a chance to use Premiere on a 4K resolution 15.6" screen, would I need stronger reading glasses?
- It is limited to 16 GB of RAM
- If it does come with the single 512 GB SSD you will need another storage device. On my laptop I have a third storage device which works well it is a Samsung T! (now the T3 is available) that is a USB 3 portable SSD and works great on my laptop. I can have all my current project files and media on it.
Since it comes in many different configurations you probably should post your configuration on the forum for a final check.
Thank you for your message.
I wish they would/could build a Zenbook with a Pascal GPU! But I'm afraid it's not possible because of the size and the heat (?).
The version I was looking at is a 128 GB SSD and 1 TB HD and I dismissed they idea again. This was the model: ASUS UX501VW-FI078T (15.60", UHD, Intel Core i7-6700HQ, 16GB - digitec
I am looking now at a HP Omen 15" which is IMO ugly, but has at least a GTX 965M...
Not sure if I should open another thread, though?!
Pascal GPU's are more energy efficient than the previous Maxwells.
Wow, I am impressed with the features of the Aorus notebooks which I have never heard of before but some available from customizer Xotic with the new Samsung 960 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 drives (for future delivery) and they have the overclockable i7-6820HK up to 64 GB of RAM and the GTX 10 series GPU's. They are not inexpensive but options galore! Apparently Aorus is affiliated with Gigabyte
Thank you for the link. I checked the notebooks and unfortunately most of them aren't available with my keyboard layout (Switzerland). I'll continue my search...