5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2016 5:26 PM by Szalam

Audio sync issue with Premiere file in After Effects - Audio cuts out.

robynng51731307

I've imported a Premiere Pro file into After Effects. The PP file is video footage, a voice over, and music in the background. Everything has been going fine, and I've exported it several times, with no problems. Now, all of a sudden, there is about 10 seconds in the middle where the video and voice-over continue as normal, but the music cuts out abruptly and then re-starts again. I haven't done anything to the file recently which I think would cause this. I haven't changed audio levels, or moved the timeline, or anything like that.

The weird thing is, It plays fine in Premiere. There is no issue in PP with the audio whatsoever. Just in AE. I've closed and re-opened AE a dozen times. I've resaved & relinked the PP file. I thought it might just be an issue with playback in AE, but when I export it, it's still there.

How can the audio be perfect in PP but have an issue in AE? If there was an issue with the audio in AE, (i.e. the volume was keyframed to turn off,) I wouldn't be able to hear the V/O either as they are essentially the same file.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!