1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 11, 2008 8:55 AM by JasonCSBSJU

CPS 1.1

Ops_Inf
      Hi ..

I'm trying to configure LDAP authentication as per the manual. LDAP is our AD which we can walk with no problems using the same credentials.

When I try a test from the CPS manager it generates - 08/12/08 15:38:11 Config. No property for plugin_ldapUsers/groupBranches

The CPS support site also seems to indicate theres a 1.11 available. Has anyone managed to download this ? .. all the links from the site lead to dead ends or to the full contribute trial download - not CPS. http://www.adobe.com/support/cps/downloads.html

I am running Tomcat 6.0.18 JRE 6 update 10 (1.6.0_10-b33) .. I notice on the pre reqs they only list Tomcat 5.x .. should I expect it to work in 6.x ?
        • 1. Re: CPS 1.1
          JasonCSBSJU
          Hi,

We currently just set up a CPS on Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 5 (32bit) with tomcat 5.5.26 and Java version 1.6 update 7. Since CPS runs on Java, the operating system environment shouldn't matter. I went with tomcat 5.5 since CPS is an older application and since tomcat 5.5 should be more stable than the 6 branch.

I have directory services set up with our AD infrastructure via LDAP over SSL. I set it up via unencrypted LDAP first though. I've replaced our domain settings with our.domain.com and our domain controller with dc.our.domain.com Here are the settings that work for us:
          URL: ldap://dc.our.domain.com
          For the access username/password, it must be a valid AD user. Try allowing the user to login it all workstations before limiting that (for security purposes).
          Max search results: 100
          Connection timeout: 0
          Authentication method: LDAP bind (auto-find user DN)

On the User search tab:
          Full name attribute: DisplayName
          E-mail address attribute: mail
          Username attribute: sAMAccountName

I added two search branches, one for our regular accounts and another for our admin accounts. Note that this should point to your AD OUs where your user accounts are stored:
          OU=Accounts,DC=our,DC=domain,DC=com
          OU=Accounts,OU=Our Admins,DC=our,DC=domain,DC=com

We don't use AD groups, so I didn't configure that. All fields are blank.

Good luck,
          Jason