• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

intro template problem

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am know Photopshop pretty well, but After Effects is pretty complicated.

I got a template from VIDEOBLOCKS, it is an INTRO WITH SINGLE LINE OF  TEXT.

I TRIED REPLACE THE SINGLE LINE OF TEXT WITH TWO LINE, and the result is, the top and bottoms OF THE TEXT DON'T SHOW.

I TRIED CHANGING THE LINE SEPARTATION, AND EXPANDING THE TEXT BLOCK, BUT THIS DOESN'T HELP.

The template is called, after-effects-cs4-template-science_X1ZJ_o1r.

I assume this is a simple setting, sorry for the newbie problem,

Thanks folks,

Kavin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

It is usually more useful to post a screenshot of your project in AE with showing the layers giving you problems with all of the modified properties of that layer revealed. Most of the time a text layer in a template project is in a nested comp (pre-comp) so you may need more than one screenshot. Select the text layer first, press the U key twice to reveal all modified properties of the layer, then if you are on a Windows machine press PrintScreen and simply paste (Ctrl/Cmnd + v) into the reply

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing a lot more of the project, it's really hard to tell what's wrong with it. Could you link us to the template on their site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for looking into this Szalam, here is the link to the template:

https://www.videoblocks.com/video/after-effects-cs4-template-science/

Kavin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is usually more useful to post a screenshot of your project in AE with showing the layers giving you problems with all of the modified properties of that layer revealed. Most of the time a text layer in a template project is in a nested comp (pre-comp) so you may need more than one screenshot. Select the text layer first, press the U key twice to reveal all modified properties of the layer, then if you are on a Windows machine press PrintScreen and simply paste (Ctrl/Cmnd + v) into the reply field of this forum. If you are on a Mac then press Shift+ Ctrl/Cmnd + 3 and drag the screenshot from the desktop to the reply field.

Repeat this with the other comps that contain this text layer.

My suspicion is that the text comp is nested inside another layer that contains a box around it so you'll have to either change the box or the font size to make it fit.

The link you provided does give us access to a Free template but it doesn't tell us what you have done to it and I don't have time to download, open and try and guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone, Rick had the right answer, I found the box and expanded it to show all the text.

Kavin

Great Forum!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines