• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a DVD is really slow and the trial banner is in the way

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create a DVD of a slide show from my recent trip.  I wanted to do a trial on Adobe Premiere to see how well it works.  Two things I noticed.  First: the speed of creating the DVD is extremely slow.  Second:  the video has a huge band across every frame that reads "Created by Adobe Elements Premier Trial".  The first is a nuisance and would make using the program arduous.  The second is a show stopper as I cannot see the images and determine their quality.  Is there a way to turn off the annoying message referred to in my second issue so that I can view the slides?

[Title edited by moderator so that it's readable and moved from the general, all-of-Adobe forum Lounge to a product-specific support forum]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding speed, video rendering is one of the few things that make a computer work really hard.  It is the same with all video editing programs.  You have to have a strong computer and patience.   DVD writing is also a slow process.

Regarding the banner, the only way you can get rid of it is to buy the software.  There has been a sale at 30% off for a few days.  I think it ends today.

If you are making a traditional "movie" DVD, the quality will be bad.  The DVD was invented when we had tube TVs and is the old standard definition.  All your great travel photos will be reduced to a low resolution and look bad on any current flat panel HD TV.  It will be the same with any system making DVD. 

There are several other output choices in Premier Elements that will make HD quality slideshows.  If you have one of the newest 4K TVs there are choices for that too. 

FWIW, I took advantage of the sale and upgraded from my two year old version yesterday.   Nothing I've tried in the past half dozen years to make videos or slideshows works better.   There are tools built in to make them for everything from my best TV to Vimeo. 

Good luck with your project.  

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bill.  It was what I thought (concerning the banner).  Unfortunately I was unaware of the video quality.  The quality does mean a lot so I think I will have to use a different route that the video maker option.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make high quality slideshows that play on Blu-Ray players in Premier Elements.  You can also make high quality MP4s, copy them to a DVD disk and play them on most, or many, Blu-Ray players.  

There are also slideshow options in Organizer that comes with Elements.  And, I'm sure you know of others.  I know nothing about it, but have read ProShow Gold is a favorite for many.  And, PowerPoint too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about not responding sooner.  Reading this email, you indicate

that the Premier Elements does have a method to create high quality

slide shows.  So you do recommend that I purchase the program.  Please

confirm and thanks for the input.

Regards,

Dan Enzone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dane7712084 wrote:

Sorry about not responding sooner. Reading this email, you indicate

that the Premier Elements does have a method to create high quality

slide shows. So you do recommend that I purchase the program. Please

confirm and thanks for the input.

Regards,

Dan Enzone

Dan,

Yes.  Premier Elements is a personal favorite.  I've paid to get versions 9, 10, 11, 13 and (yesterday) 15.  I skipped 12 and 14 because they didn't include changes significant to me.  I should confess to being, at least marginally, an Adobe fanboy.  I'm retired and a big part of my life is enjoying photography and videography.   Without Lightroom, Photoshop and Premier Elements, retirement would not be nearly as much fun.

When you're ready, I and others can help you make an automated slideshow that can play on anything. 

One caution....Premier Elements does not make the kind of slide show where the picture changes when you press a button.  Premier Elements is best for the kind that plays through with optional sound and narration.

Another caution is that Premiere Elements does not run well on a weak computer.   It depends on both the computer and the type of material your are working on.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bill,

I am an Adobe Elements fan myself.  So we are on the same wavelength here.  I run Windows 10 pro with 64-bit Intel Core i7 CPU, 2.80 GHz, 8 GB RAM.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I'm confused.  In your first post you say you are using a trial.  In the last post you say you're a fan!

Do you have it or are you looking to buy it?  Do you know how to use it but, not for slideshows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry about the confusion.  I am a fan of Elements, I have only tried

the trial version of Premier Elements...which led to my questions.  I

have never used Premier Elements before, nor have I ever made a slide

show on DVD to run on a video player.  So I was concerned when I saw the

banner across the slides and...as best as I could tell...what appeared

to be a lot of pixelation in what I could see of the images.  I hope

this clears up the confusion.  You have been very helpful and I

appreciate that very much.

Regards,

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The banner is there for a reason: trial.

Besides it has no impact on the output quality of a file or dvd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines