2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2016 8:07 AM by Derek Cross

Publish Online

phyllisj9 Level 2

So I decided I'd give Publish Online a try (having been to a workshop on the various digital publishing options available) and am very disappointed to find that it doesn't work on my system.  After I click Publish Online, it goes through the upload process and then shows me a screen with a button that says "View Document" and a URL with a "Copy" button next to it.  The View Document link does not work, and the Copy link doesn't work.  I tried manually typing the link, but that doesn't work either (possibly because the window may have cut off some of the link so I couldn't read it to type all of it).

Any idea why this just wouldn't work on my system?  I'm using InDesign CC 2015.  I just got a new computer which is running Windows 10.  I've never tried Publish Online before, so I don't really know much about it.

Thanks, Phyllis

• 1. Re: Publish Online
          phyllisj9 Level 2

Okay, I got an answer elsewhere on this.  If anyone else runs into this issue:  After you click out of the "View Document" box, go under "Files > Recently Published" and you can open the published-online file from there (it opens in a browser where you can copy the URL).  No idea why the main dialog box doesn't work, but that workaround works fine.  Thanks, Phyllis

• 2. Re: Publish Online
            Derek Cross Level 6

You can also publish (export) the InDesign document as a Fixed Layout ePub.