• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Were are official smugmug plugin data locally stored?

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Using lightroom 6.6.1, I experienced some troubles with the smugmug plug-in (3.0.9): upload very slow and more and more errors of the type "image not found" by uploading. After downgrading the lightroom as well as the plug-in version without success, I decided to end up with deleting my smugmug publication account from lightroom and loading it again.
Since this operation uploading pictures is ok. However in this operation I lost the parameters of all my smart galleries (smart galleries were directly in the publishing service) and synchronization of modified pictures seems not to work as well as before.

Do the plug-in locally store the parameters of the smugmug account (in Lightroom catalog for exemple) and is there a way to restore a version of my smugmug account before the troubles occurred? Depending of the location, I may have some backups of my hard drives.
Smugmug support advised me to ask by Adobe… Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Those smart collections are stored in the catalogue file, an lrcat file. By deleting the publish service, you deleted any collections associated with that collection. To get them back, you would need to restore a backup of your catalogue and you would then be able to right click any smart collection, export its definition to a temporary text file, and import the definition to your working catalogue.

So your next step would be to restore a backup of your catalogue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those smart collections are stored in the catalogue file, an lrcat file. By deleting the publish service, you deleted any collections associated with that collection. To get them back, you would need to restore a backup of your catalogue and you would then be able to right click any smart collection, export its definition to a temporary text file, and import the definition to your working catalogue.

So your next step would be to restore a backup of your catalogue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks John, you are right and I was able to export/import the definition of all my 29 smart galleries. Still having some trouble by publishing (message „failed to create an albung on SmugMug – please try again or contact support“) but I guess it’s due a name conflict (the new galleries have the same name as the old galleries I deleted) and I would contact the SmugMug support.

By the way, in order to speed up the operation (and avoid re-publishing) do a merging operation of  the backup catalog with my current current catalog would have also solve the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

xavier_d wrote:

By the way, in order to speed up the operation (and avoid re-publishing) do a merging operation of  the backup catalog with my current current catalog would have also solve the issue?

No, because publish service data doesn't get transferred by the import/export catalogue command. That would only have worked with regular smart collections (ie in the Collections panel).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok, thanks, re-publishing is ongoing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines