• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile for Android Sync with Desktop

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the lattest version of Lightroom Mobile for Android, in the release notes Adobe states that "Lightroom will sync your changes across devices seamlessly". How does that happen? Is it possible to copy my photos and edits (RAW+XMP or XMP only) from Lightroom Mobile in Android to my Desktop without having to upload all the RAW files to Adobe's cloud? Like using a cable or P2P connection from the mobile device to the desktop? Uploading hundreds of RAW files to adobe's cloud will demand a lot of bandwith and time. Thanks.

Message was edited by: Daniel Petry Reason: clarification

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How it's works: You import your files in LR desktop, for the files you woud edit or view in the mobile App you have to create a collection that you set as sync.

On your mobile you can view now this files and edit if you like, after edit some files, your files would be change on LR desktop too.

Don't worry about the space of your RAW files, LR create smart previews and place this on his server, not in your cloud.
When you upload files from your mobile app the original will stay on your mobile device.
When you use Adobe LR web interface  for uploading the originals will be located on the place you can set in the preference of LR desktop. (When you don't set a folder LR use the default mostly Picture folder)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm considering a "mobile first" workflow.

So, when images are imported from the camera into Lightroom Mobile, than edited. How do I copy the RAW+XMP to my desktop?

Does it have to go through adobe's cloud, use bandwith and take forever to upload? Or can I just drag them from the mobile device to the desktop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines