• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

missing dll files after update indesign to 2017

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there, does anybody have the same problem as I? After updating my indesign, I cant open program, because dialog box shows me info about missing two dll files:

1. destopcrt.dll

2. appcrt.dll

I've tried to uninstall indesign and even creative cloud, but that didnt fix my problem ;(.

how to fixed this kind of problem? i have windows 10, which was installed as a free system for win8's users. But I dont want to belive that's the problem...

pls, help, because i cant work without indesign ;C

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Q. Why is this missing DLL file bollixing my applications? | Windows 7 content from SuperSite for Wi...​

Those two DLLs (the one is actually desktop.dll) were combined in Windows 10. I don't use the CC applications, but that was one of the first hits when searching. The document does say that applications should work fine, so it may indicate something wrong with the Windows system. This may be especially true if you did an in-place Windows upgrade.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem............I have a lot work and all need use indesign........Cant open anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi yihangli,

If I get your query correctly, InDesign is giving DLL errors on launch.

To assist you further on this, we would need following details :

Exact version of Windows

Exact version of InDesign

Screenshot of error you are getting

Error details event viewer.

To check the application event log for errors

1. Open Event Viewer: Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Event Viewer.
  2. In Event Viewer, in the console tree, click Application.
  3. If you notice any error, double-click the event to open the Event Properties, and then read the description of the event. If you find any error related to InDesign, please share it with us.

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines