• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashes when I open a photo?

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the free trial and photoshop downloaded without error (to my knowledge), and it opens fine. However if I try and open an image it immediately crashes, saying Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 has stopped working because of a problem (without actually specifiying what the problem is). The only thing it offers in the way of help or information is saying it'll let me know if windows comes up with a solution. I've tried restarting and opening different photos but no luck.

I'm completely new to Photoshop so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem except I'm paying for my version. After updating the newest 2017CC It doesn't like to open some files. I'd suggest reinstalling yours but not sure how the trial version works or if it'd let you do it again. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I kind of  doubt the OP has a 7-day trial anymore.  This thread is from Nov 2016.

Whenever software crashes, it's always good to check the computer's crash logs or Windows Event Viewer to see what's causing it.

Some known culprits are:

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for the reply. I was actually googling how to fix my problem when I came across that same suggestion. Here's my crash report from the even logs

Faulting application name: Photoshop CC 2017.5.exe, version: 18.0.0.53, time stamp: 0x57fde9fd

Faulting module name: ACE.dll, version: 2.20.2.37848, time stamp: 0x58891241

Exception code: 0xc000041d

Fault offset: 0x000000000008147c

Faulting process id: 0x21e8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d304d1881dd86b

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Photoshop CC 2017.5.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\ACE.dll

Report Id: ce8c6c3b-70c4-11e7-b2fe-d067e5ea564a

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use the CC Cleaner Tools below followed by a software re-install.

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installatin-problems.html

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines