• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting PDF from InDesign with automatic blank pages for double-sided printing?

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could swear I've seen this feature in InDesign but I cannot find it now!

I have a single document with different sections that each start over on page one by section on a right-facing page (Section A-1, Section B-1, etc.)

I need to create two PDFs when I'm done: one for printing and one to email to the client. The "print" PDF will need blank pages any time the section has an odd number of pages so that the next section prints on a right facing page.

Of course I can either add blank pages to my document and delete them from the PDF, OR add blank pages to my PDF after the fact. However, this is a very long document which gets edited and it's possible that the total number of pages in a section could change several times.

I feel certain that I have seen a way for InDesign to automatically add the blank even page(s) when needed and take them away when you don't need it for proper double-sided print PDFs. Am I crazy?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?