• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to map same single effect from multiple layers into one (adjustment) layer?

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I am a total noob at AAE despite using it for multiple years.  I am looking for help mapping one effect used across multiple layers into one layer so that I can edit several layers at one time.   Does that make sense? 

For example, while using audio spectrums you are able to change the colors of the spectrums - although if you have multiple spectrums and want to edit the colors you have to go into each layer and edit the colors.  It's very troublesome and take a long time. 

I know there is a way to edit all of the spectrum's colors in one layer instead of lets say 5 for example. 

Can anyone provide help? 

Thank you,

Ryan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ryanb43398010 wrote:

Hey guys,

I am a total noob at AAE despite using it for multiple years. I am looking for help mapping one effect used across multiple layers into one layer so that I can edit several layers at one time. Does that make sense?

That depends.  If you want use the same effect on EVERY layer below it in the timeline, an Adjustment layer makes sense.

Do you want to do that?  For EVERY layer below the Adjustment layer, no exceptions?

Personally, I hardly ever use Adjustment Layers.  I did on a project I'm doing this week, because I intended the two animated effects in the Adjustment Layer to affect every layer below them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If adjustment layers won't work for your project, you can use the copy with property links option (assuming you are using a CC version). You can read more about it here: favorite features in CC versions of After Effects: property links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines