3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2016 5:38 AM by dj_paige

A99ii raw support

mikey_2000 Level 1

hi

I just received my Sony a99ii camera.  Is it possible to give an estimate of when Lightroom might get an update to support the raw files from this new camera?

thanks!

• 1. Re: A99ii raw support
          DdeGannes Adobe Community Professional

See the site at the link below. This is where Adobe officially post new camera support in Adobe Camera Raw and Lightroom. Updates happen approximately every three months the last was on Sept 20, 2016.

Lightroom Journal | Tips and advice straight from the Lightroom team.

• 2. Re: A99ii raw support
            Jimmymey

Hi I have the seem question and can't allow that I have to wait for a long period for an upgrade because I have to proces my photo's with these files. Hope Adobe can support our request that we can work with creative cloud asap and inform us with an estimated date when this release will be available.

With Kind Regards,

Meijfoto.nl

Kok van der Meij

info@meijfoto.nl

• 3. Re: A99ii raw support
              dj_paige Level 9

Jimmymey wrote:

Hi I have the seem question and can't allow that I have to wait for a long period for an upgrade because I have to proces my photo's with these files. Hope Adobe can support our request that we can work with creative cloud asap and inform us with an estimated date when this release will be available.

You're not talking to Adobe in this forum, the people here are mostly other users, and we can't speed up the process used by Adobe. Furthermore, having been a Lightroom user for 7 years, let me say that Adobe never informs users in advance of when new camera support is available. So you'll just have to be patient, like everyone else, and you'll find out when everyone else finds out.

In the meantime, you can use the manufacturer's software to convert the RAW photos to TIF, and then you can work with those TIFs in Lightroom.