• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp X5

Contributor ,
Dec 09, 2008 Dec 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As part of a rre branding project, I have copied a complete project to a new folder, made the necessary changes and re built the index. But when RoboHelp crashes when compiling. The c:/err file contains the following:

HHA Version 4.74.8702
htmlproc.cpp(114) : Assertion failure: (pszTmp == m_pCompiler->m_pHtmlMem->psz)

I've checked and re compiled successfully the original project.

Any ideas why the project should fail at hte the HHA stage?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found this post that seems to indicate this is a problem with the length of the path to the project's folder. Try shortening the output path and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum, tried this, even tried moving to the root of c:, but it still won't work. Am trying again from scratch and compiling again after making changes in stages. Seems ok so far, but I was wondering whether the index was causing it to fail (haven't got that far yet)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also found this KB article that suggests the HTML Help compiler is corrupt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Colum, but it seems to be ok now. Rather than re-run the index wizard, I've manually changed the entries. Still compiling ok, so I'm going to leave it for now.

Thanks for the pointers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp