1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 8, 2008 2:35 PM by Newsgroup_User

List Component : Custom Item Renderer ( hiddenItem )

flashphpdev
      I am having an issue where a List component is rendering something with the name of "hiddenItem". Does anyone know why or how this could be happening?

Concept:

List component has a custom item renderer ... This custom renderer creates objects from several classes that dispatches events. It also has a creationComplete event for each custom item renderer. The creationComplete event fires 2 for every item I tell the List to render.??? One for the actual item and one for a "hiddenItem". Does anyone know what the "hiddenItem" is?

Problem:

The List component renders out a hiddenItem per custom item it renders. The custom item renderer also dispatches multiple creationComplete events.

Please help! Thank you in advance.
      Dustin
        • 1. Re: List Component : Custom Item Renderer ( hiddenItem )
          Level 7

"flashphpdev" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:ghk317$su9$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I am having an issue where a List component is rendering something with the
          > name of "hiddenItem". Does anyone know why or how this could be
          > happening?
          >
          > Concept:
          >
          > List component has a custom item renderer ... This custom renderer
          > creates
          > objects from several classes that dispatches events. It also has a
          > creationComplete event for each custom item renderer. The
          > creationComplete
          > event fires 2 for every item I tell the List to render.??? One for the
          > actual
          > item and one for a "hiddenItem". Does anyone know what the "hiddenItem"
          > is?
          >
          > Problem:
          >
          > The List component renders out a hiddenItem per custom item it renders.
          > The
          > custom item renderer also dispatches multiple creationComplete events.

http://www.magnoliamultimedia.com/flex_examples/Amys_Flex_FAQ.pdf
          Q2