• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

importing from olympus memory card

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought the Adobe premiere elements 12 when it was new.  I am very stubborn and thought I could make it work, but I give up.  I have 2 different video cameras.  The cannon records in AVCHD and I have no problem importing the videos for editing.  My problems begin when I try to import from my Olympus tough video camera.  I have downloaded the videos from the card to my computer and I can view them on my computer so I know they are there.  When I try to import them to Adobe premiere elements to edit I get this message "pc2000015.mov"  in the box with the error message  "the importer reported a generic error".   Does anyone have any idea how I can get those videos imported so I can edit or would an upgrade tp elements 15 solve the problem.  I have contacted Olympus and they tell me they do not have a program to edit and burn to DVD.  I like the camera because I can take underwater videos, but without the ability to edit and burn it to DVD it seems worthless.  Please help, I don't know what to do.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Olympus site doesn't offer much information on the codecs used in the Tough's MOV files -- but MOV files can be made up and any of dozens of them.

But assuming the camera shoots in a standard codec and that it is not an MJPEG or .Divx MOV, then all you need to do is install Quicktime's components.

Install Quicktime 7 from this page but select the Custom option and select NOT to install Quicktime Player, which can be a security risk. (You can also just install it all and then go into Program Files and either delete Quicktime Player or change its suffix to .OLD so that the player won't launch.)

QuickTime 7.6 for Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines