• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

constant freezing from Premiere Pro CC 2017

Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting freezes both reproducible and random when editing on an iMac 5K, 5-10 times a day. It's really affecting my work. Anyone else find this build extremely unstable?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Provide more information

video card ?

OS?

is the freeze happen in other adobe apps or only premiere ?

did you tried to disable your GPU to see if that will solve it cause maybe you will need to update or rollback your video card driver

Muhannad,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there - yes sorry - freezing only happens in Premiere Pro and it's not able to make a recovery prproj file. I've tried  rendering on both OpenCL and Metal.

Screen Shot 2016-11-12 at 11.35.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-12 at 11.34.04 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to uninstall then restart then install from the desktop

Muhannad,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay a reinstallation and keeping the renderer off Metal seems to have quieted things... for now!

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, still freezing. Loss of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this is terrible. 5-10 crashes a day. Prproj file is around 100MB, and the ~recover files are rarely more than 25% of that.

Even with Autosave every 10 minutes, I'm constantly losing work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else find this build extremely unstable?

Hasn't crashed once on either of my two Windows 10 machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

YES!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a solution for me. I had the propj file saved in a dropbox folder. That somehow caused the issue. Switched the file on desktop and since then editing was fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues with not only Premiere Pro freezing constantly.

iMac late 2013

3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 processor

32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Also, my CPU load is maxing out when using Premiere, After Effects and even Media Encoder. I don't know if this is a hardware of software issue. All I know is that I can't continue to force quit and redo my work. One video suggested disabling AutoSave, which was not a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Premiere Pro intensely and since the upgrade from my company to CC 2017 a couple of days ago I have been living a nightmare. Constant freezes and if you insist on clicking the buffer keeps it all in memory so it takes that much more time to get back to being able to do anything and each click adds another 7 to 10 seconds of waiting for the refresh.

First I disabled the Nview desktop manager hoping it was all those options playing a part but it seems not. I'll leave it off anyway. I don't like to many thing controlling my machine.

Then after reading a few post on the subject in General/project settings I selected in the Mercury Playback Engine Software Only. This seems to have solved the problem. Unfortunate thow, not being able to use the Powerful Quadro 4000 gpu acceleration.

I will talk to our support staff to see if we can roll back the Graphics Adapter driver. And I'll let you all know.

Windows 7

Intel Xeon CPU E5-2670 2.60 Ghz (2 processors)

NVidia Quadro Pro K4000 (current driver 376.84)

64 Gigs of Ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I may have put my finger on the problem.

I had projects built with the previous version of CC freezing up all the time making it impossible to get anything done. But this would not occur with new projects.

So I started by eliminating possibilities until I replace the "3-way color corrector" with the "Lumetri color". The freezes did not occur since.

Another possibilty is that the Nvidia card has some custom Nview presets and I at one point switched presets to the "CAD" preset. This also could be part of the solution.

and of course a proper setup of the 3D setting of the Graphics adapter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines