• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems Printing Mixed Sizes from Mac/Sierra to a Brother Printer - I NEED GENIUSES - HELP!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything suggested from months past, all of which failed, and thought maybe there was a new response to save me! All the different ways I tried are not coming out WYSIWYG, although preview is fine. DETAIL - What I have and the different things I have tried:

• I have a brand new Mac running Sierra. I am printing to a Brother Dual Tray Laser and have their up to date Driver set and I am using the Brother CUPS driver per their instructions.
  • I have the most recent Acrobat and have checked the "choose paper by PDF size." 
  • I have tried it in different combinations with Fit and Actual Size.  Comes out wrong size or cut off on Legal pages.
  • I have tried both those combinations having also checked "print as image." Still cutting things off or printing weird.
  • I have tried all of the above while also going to printer settings, page handling and selecting "scale to fit paper size" per instruction sheet here in the support forum.

Needless to say I have not hit on the magic combination and I have spent hours determined to figure it out to no avail. I have clumps of hair in my hands, my strength is waning. I am not eating or drinking. It's dire.

I NEED GENIUSES!  HELP!

Your humble Loan Closing Agent,

Lisa

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisa,

I am sorry for the delay in response.

Could you please try restoring preferences for Acrobat and see if it prints without any issue:

(i)Quit Acrobat,

(ii)Drag the following files from the Users/[Username]/Library/Preferences folder to the Desktop:

Acrobat WebCapture Cookies

com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist

Acrobat folder, which contains preferences for forms(MRUFormsList), collaboration (Offline Docs), and color settings (AcrobatColor Settings.csf)

(iii) Restart Acrobat.

Please confirm the version of Acrobat installed on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This response is very unclear and hard to follow. The only thing I am finding that remotely resembles your response is this file (see below). Are you saying I am also to find an acrobat folder (there isn't one) and an additional file called webcapture cookies? You need to be way more specific than this. It is so vague I don't know if you are talking about three files, a folder and two files, what the name of the files are other than the plist file. (my Acrobat READER version is also in the photo below). I have spent so many hours trying to figure this out and now another hour trying to figure out your response. Am considering returning my mac and letting them know it is unusable to me because of this issue. I HAVE to be able to work. This is preventing it. It is not a small deal.

Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 8.43.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 8.46.08 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I did drag that one file to the desktop and it made the problem worse. Everything now either prints on all legal or all letter.  If I was the only one with this problem, it would be one thing, but this is EVERYWHERE! People are frustrated. We need very clear instructions on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone needs to contact me directly by email to set up a call or I am just going to return my Mac at this point. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please confirm if you are still experiencing the issue? 

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

New Solution: Try using Foxit PDF from Foxit software. It resolved my issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines