• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A way to automate folder consolidation?

Advocate ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using LR for many years, and my list of folders grew larger longer than Merlin's beard.  So I began consolidating them into years.  But when I do that I get the question mark next to each  folder and have to show LR where the new folder is.  It's not even smart enough to go to the last folder I accessed as I go through the list.  I have hundreds of folders to go through, it will take many hours of mindless clicking to update.

Are there ways to automate this?  It has to be a common problem.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

The alternative is to stop using folders as an organizing and search tool, and begin using keywords and other metadata to organize and search, and then the length of your folder list is irrelevant, and the activity of consolidating folders is also irrelevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way to automate it is to do the "consolidation" in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The alternative is to stop using folders as an organizing and search tool, and begin using keywords and other metadata to organize and search, and then the length of your folder list is irrelevant, and the activity of consolidating folders is also irrelevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines