• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you uninstall an update to recover an older version? (so you can keep working on an old project)

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'd like to uninstall the update to Premiere Elements 14.1 -- want to get back to 14.0.

How do you do this?

I'm on a Mac, using OSX Yosemite.

The problem (which is SUPER FRUSTRATING) is that I can't open a recent project in the updated version: I get an error message saying that the project is not compatible with this version.

I've seen a few complaints about that error message in various forums, but no obvious fixes -- except to delete an updated preferences file, and I can't find such a file.

I want to finish that project! Arg!

Thank you so much for your help,

Sarah

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have the serial number.

I don't know Apple, but you should be able to uninstall.  If you have the disk, do a fresh install.  If you downloaded it, use the install file you first downloaded.  If not, download a copy here:  Download Adobe Premiere Elements 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10

However, something else is wrong.  The difference from 14.0 to 14.1 is not a version, it is a minor fix of minor issues.

Premier Elements makes backup files every 15 minutes or so.  On a PC, they are in a "Auto Save" folder.  Can you open one of those?

To reset or delete the preference file, do one of the following: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Mac: Option+Command+Shift) immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi WHSprague,

Thanks for your reply, and sorry for the slow response: it took me a while to get over my frustration enough to try.

Uninstalling and reinstalling version 14.0 didn't help -- I continued to get the same error message -- and the Autosaved files wouldn't play either. I still can't find the preferences files: pressing the keystroke sequence immediately after PE begins launching doesn't seem to do anything, but thanks for the suggestion.

...Anyway, it seems like somehow the file must have become corrupt, somehow. Other old projects *will* play, I've discovered.

It seems like PE just can't sustain big, complicated project files for long. Super black mark against the program!

Thanks again for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines