• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text not showing up in 3D layer

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently attempting to use Ray-Traced 3D function for extruding text. I've ran into a bit of a snag. Currently I have one Comp a simple text font, BUT anytime I try to type "X" the whole text goes away. It stays if I do it in lower-cased. 3D Layer option is checked. It does it with any font I use. But doesn't give me any issues with any other number or letter Caps or no Caps. Anyone have any ideas on why this is happening?

Shouldn't matter specs but doesn't hurt to state.

Win10 Pro

I7 6700k

16 gb Ram

GTX 970

I am updated to the most recent version of adobe. I have tried a different Comp, New projects, and restarts. No change in it. When it's in standard or 2d mode it shows up fine. Only in 3D will it not show up.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That simply sounds like a keyboard issue. Check your configuration and in particular any external tools that may remap system-wide shortcuts like instant messengers, screenshot tools, customizabble mouse buttons, gaming keyboard tools and so on.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have swapped keyboards and mouse, none have any programmable buttons or anything. I have tried it on my second rig and I still run into the same issue. Both rigs don't have any third-party apps like instant messenger. All they have on them is Adobe products and stock footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

what's your exact Ae version? note that CC2017 comes with the much better replacement the Cinema4D Renderer. it is faster, and works on the CPU, not GPU. try to narrow down your problem. one comp, one element. if it still persists, upload the project file - we can take a look what's going on there. screenshots would be helpful tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vinster_Beta wrote:

I am currently attempting to use Ray-Traced 3D function for extruding text.

Well, you shouldn't.  It's considered an Obsolete Feature in recent versions of AE.  You should be using C4D Lite, which is better.  But Mylenium is almost surely correct in his diagnosis.  So read his words carefully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines