• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotoscoping segment the rotobrush tool outline turns into a mask that covers the entire image that was rotoscoped. I can't see any reason why it did this! Any ideas?

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going crazy, as I can't for the life of ,e figure this out. I didn't add any keyframes or do anything to make this happen. I've tried inverting the mask etc. to no avail- any ideas? the weird part is, is that it fades in!  Please help! _ (I know I got a bit happy with the refine edge tool. (1st Try at rotoscoping.)

I'd appreciate any help, ideas for tutorials etc. _I love What AE can do, BUT I SUCK AT IT! LOL - I'm an old film - TV editor who came fro the Union where Editors Edit and VFX guys did VFX - Now we have to do everything. Thank you all!

Mike Lyle

[email address removed by moderator - probably not a good idea to share that on a public forum]

Screen Shot 2016-11-12 at 4.03.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-11-12 at 4.04.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-11-12 at 4.04.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-11-12 at 4.04.52 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like you have the show mask button selected. Everything is normal. You haven't done a first rate job yet but the display is correct according to your settings.

Rotobrush is not intuitive. Type "Rotobrush" in the search help field at the top right corner of AE and check out the community resources. I don't know anyone that successfully use Rotobrush without getting a little training. You should find some excellent tutorials and a lot of information in the help files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines