• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR CC driving my CPU to over 700%

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a MacBook pro (Retina), Processor 2.3 GHZ intel Corei7, Memory 16 GB. I've used Lightroom for many years and never had any issues. However, since I've started using LR CC I'm having extreme overheat with the CPU reaching just under 800%. I've disabled face detection and the use of graphic processor, but the problem still unsolved. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Overheating is a hardware issue. Probably a fan or cooling system has stopped working .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, but my laptop is generally fine. The overheating occurs only when I use Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will stick with my previous statement. Overheating is a hardware malfunction. Lightroom stresses your hardware a lot more than most software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are doing things like exporting your edits from LR, the process is very resource intensive. Lots of disk I/O and CPU usage. What you are seeing is natural.

If your hardware is behaving correctly, you should not be having any problems. If you are having hardware problems, I would check for fans that are not working correctly and dusty air vents. Keep in mind that just because things get warmer than "normal" does not mean you actually have a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Al Rikaby wrote:

I'm using a MacBook pro (Retina), Processor 2.3 GHZ intel Corei7, Memory 16 GB. I've used Lightroom for many years and never had any issues. However, since I've started using LR CC I'm having extreme overheat with the CPU reaching just under 800%. I've disabled face detection and the use of graphic processor, but the problem still unsolved. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

If you are getting 800% during normal use, something else is wrong. It is not easy to get Lightroom to do this in my experience. I use a similar machine and I really have to push it very hard to get its fans to spin up. Definitely it should not do this if you are just sitting around or just browsing images. Lightroom will generally not do this except when you are doing face recognition or are running a set of exports in the background.

What version of LR CC do you have installed? Several slowness and resource eating bugs were solved since the earliest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it helps ive got the same issue. My 13" air fans dont kick for ages. but the mid 2015 15" pro (recently purchased) 2.5ghz 16gb fans kick in after 2-3 mins of using LR. Ihave downloaded HW monitor. The GPU Die2 temp is showing at 129 deg C.

I reckon ive got a hardware issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines