• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing Metadata in Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Nikon D7200 on which I use a number of older AI lenses.  The camera works great, picking up the correct aperture for the photo.  I just noticed that, in the metadata in Lightroom, the 300mm lens I was using shows up as a 0.0mm f/0.0, with a focal length of 55mm.  Is there a way to edit that to the correct numbers so I can later sort on the lens and focal length (different with a old AI zoom?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

You can't change them directly in LR -- you'll need to use the free Exiftool to change them.   Do Metadata > Save Metadata To File, run Exiftool to change the values, then do Metadata > Read Metadata From File.  Unfortunately, Exiftool can be hard to learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't change them directly in LR -- you'll need to use the free Exiftool to change them.   Do Metadata > Save Metadata To File, run Exiftool to change the values, then do Metadata > Read Metadata From File.  Unfortunately, Exiftool can be hard to learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John,  thanks for the info.  I also figured out that the camera has a "non-computer lens" description.  That is what the metadata defaulted to.  I set up several definitions for my AI lenses (35mm, 59mm, 55Macro, 30mm, etc. - yeah, I have a lot of great old all-glass lenses).  I simply select the one on the body and it works great.  The 300mm did a real beauty on the mega-moon last night once I figured out that trick.

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I can use that to fix the earlier image's metadata.

Clif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines