• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with text and text layer on After Effects.

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use text layer, I cannot type to this layer, my text showing like name of layer only. Where could be a problem?

layer.jpg

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Are you new to AE? You can rename any layer after it is created. If you do not see text when you enter it in the comp panel then check your character panel and reset it.

To learn how to use the text tool type animating text in the Search Help field at the top right corner of AE and look at the help files and community resources. Text in AE is a little different than it is in Photoshop or Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you new to AE? You can rename any layer after it is created. If you do not see text when you enter it in the comp panel then check your character panel and reset it.

To learn how to use the text tool type animating text in the Search Help field at the top right corner of AE and look at the help files and community resources. Text in AE is a little different than it is in Photoshop or Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines