1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 14, 2016 10:05 AM by jaym66383316

Connect MySQL db to CF on Mac

jaym66383316 Level 1

I am coming back to CF to build an application.  I have not used CF since the Allaire days so there is some learning curve here.

I have started a db in MySql (Workbench) and would like to access via Coldfusion Builder.  I get the error below in the CF Administrator Data Sources tab when I try to add the new db.  I don't actually know how to point CF to the db and there is no browse tool.

Thx

Connection verification failed for data source: M1Connect

java.sql.SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException: [Macromedia][MySQL JDBC Driver][MySQL]Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO)

The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException: [Macromedia][MySQL JDBC Driver][MySQL]Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO)

• 1. Re: Connect MySQL db to CF on Mac
          jaym66383316 Level 1

per another post, i changed the user to "root" and got the following error:

Connection verification failed for data source: M1Connect

java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: [Macromedia][MySQL JDBC Driver][MySQL]Unknown database 'myfirstconnection'

The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: [Macromedia][MySQL JDBC Driver][MySQL]Unknown database 'myfirstconnection'