Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC 2017 Slow

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Am i the only one that experiences that the new Dreamweaver is extremely slow. When i open a standard bootstrap 3 design, i takes 7 seconds to open. And when the document is opened, it lags when i scroll in the source code - I only view source code - no preview/WYSIWYG. It feels lagging as if you start windows in safe mode without driver for graphic adapter.

I installed Dreamweaver CC2015.3 It opens the same document in 1 second. No lag and as fast as you would expect an text editor to be 🙂

Is it just my setup? or is anyone else have the same issues?

Im using a 8 core Xeon with GTX1060 graphic adapter.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

I checked with the product team, and they know that DW experiences slowness when handling a large number of files, or files from a remote location. They are investigating the causes.

Meanwhile, if there are other scenarios wherein you experience slowness, list them in this email thread, and I will log bugs for them.

Thank you for your persistence and patience while we resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Windows machine, Dreamweaver CC2017 should be a great deal faster then it recent predecessors.

Quite often, there are outside factors influencing the performance. Check your system for nasties like malware. 

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it should be - but it is not, but i have 2015.3 installed on the same machine, and there is no problem with that one.

Its a newly installed system.

The only thing that looks like Nasty malware is

"Adobe CEP HTML Engine" that has startet 12 processes???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to tell what the problem could be without investigation. Please contact Adobe Customer care Contact us | Adobe for further investigation.

Also see https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/commontroubleshooting.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Dreamweaver  CC2017 is extremely slow. I'm working on a macBook Pro. Hope there is an update soon to fix or does anyone now how to change the settings so it functions like the ealier dreamweaver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly Adobe gets more bloated on every release, maybe it's a better look, but the engine behind gets slower. I have the latest iMac with all the possible extras and still new Dreamweaver CC2017 is glitching (have tested on 3 other machines).

All the "smart stuff", like code hinting, search marking etc makes it really slow. I can't even select code, without delay, because it needs to highlight all other words.

Really disappointed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with my Installation. After upgrading from cc 2015 to 2017 Dreamweaver hangs while changing sites, openning search form, opening files, ... for 10 to 30 seconds - frustrating

Is there any Chance to downgrade to 2015?

Windows 7, i5-6400, 16GB SSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install 2015 version from the creative cloud app. Just open the Previous Version tab under apps. There you can install the version you want 🙂

Im running 2015.3 but i really liked the Quick CSS Edit in 2017. So im currently testing Brackets - It has the same function, and it shows the CSS/function nearly instant, where as DW 2017 takes 3-4 seconds 😐

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought 2017 CC 10 days ago. No previous version available in "my" cloud but I would like to downgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CCPreviousVersions.jpg

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgraded to CC 2015 - perfect - no performance problem on the same maschine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for screen shot to reinstall  2015 having same issue as other posters, special to hours with tech support yesterday trying to fix remotely and still not as good as 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver CC 2017 is also incredibly slow for me and I have a pretty fast machine (i7-4770K @ 3.50GHz and 16GB RAM Windows 10 x64).

It also tends to lock up frequently when I copy/paste code into Code view from another source or when switching back and forth from code/design view.  Note: I didn't have these problems with the recent Dreamweaver beta which I thought performed pretty well.

I've tried turning off code linting with no effect and I'm still brainstorming possible ways to improve performance.  Hopefully Adobe will get enough complaints and either fix it or provide information on how users can fix it themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm finding Dreamweaver CC2017 far too slow so I've gone back to Dreamweaver 6. Apart from the speed problem I have had continual freeze/crashes and the live browser feed only works sporadically.

I have a decent machine (MS Surface Pro) so there's no hardware reasons for the problems.

I look forward to Adobe fixing these issues sooner rather than later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Apologize for the delayed response. I have already posted my response above. See this document DIY troubleshooting kit for Dreamweaver for the common troubleshooting steps, and if they don't work, contact Customer Care.

A couple of you sent me your details, and I will raise a support case for you. I was unwell, and am trying my best to catch up on my backlog. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The problem is speed/performance, and "DIY troubleshooting kit" doesn't address those issues. It may work well with one file open at time, but the most of us works with atleast 5-10 files simustaneously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really wouldn't know the answer until someone investigated the issue for you. Did you try reaching out to Adobe Support? Contact us | Adobe

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see it as a "Adobe Support" issue, most likely "bad code" and something that needs to be fixed by optimization. Hopefully will next release of Dreamweaver work better, until that I will use previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Base64 images in my HTML pages -- simple editing is slow and sluggish to the point Dw 2017 is unusable. I had no choice but to revert back to the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with the german version ... W10 - i7 - 32 RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Dw 2017 is also very slow on my Mac Mini (mid 2011,16GB RAM, 2.7GHz). My Mac's Activity Monitor shows a "node" process that has Dw as its "parent process" and it is fluctuating between using about 95% to over 100% of my CPU. I have only 4 small html files open in Dw17 at this time. Is the only solution to this to downgrade to 2015? I did not have this problem with 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I spent some time and came up with an experiment that we can all run to re-create the DW 2017 sluggish behavior problem.  Ideally you'll want to run the experiment with both DW 2017 DW 2015 installed on your machine to compare performance. 

Hopefully someone at Adobe will also run this test (wink wink, nudge nudge)!

Here's how to run the experiment:

1. Load up Chrome and open a new incognito window.

2. Visit the web site https://adwords.google.com (this is the Google AdWords home page. It will be our testing page)

Side note: The reason I picked this page is because it's got a lot going on here and should be enough to stress the HTML parser and show a measurable difference in performance between DW versions.   You could run this test with any other complex HTML page if you want.

3. Save the web page to your desktop by clicking CTRL + S (or click the browser menu > more tools > save page as...).  Make sure to save the complete web site in the save dialog options.

4. Once you've saved the page to your desktop, right click on it and open it in Dreamweaver 2017.

5. Play around with the source code, experiment between code view, design view, split view, etc.  Warning: this makes my copy of DW run at a snail's pace and I have a pretty beefy machine.

6. Now close DW 2017 and open the same file in DW 2015. 

7. Again, play around with the source code, experiment between code view, design view, split view, etc.  Notice any difference?

What does this test prove?

Well well all know that the HTML parsing engine that is in DW 2017 is different than 2015 and it's obvious that the new engine can't handle complex web pages with many external files referenced as well as the old version of Dreamweaver did.  This test was designed to make Dreamweaver work hard intentionally and probably isn't a realistic work example.  You may note that If you decide to run this test without saving the "complete web site" and instead just save the HTML you will notice that DW performs much better. I believe the key to this is the number of included external file references (.js, .css, etc...) that DW has to parse and deal with.

Are there any workarounds?

Not really. However feel free to experiment with your DW 2017 configurations. Experiment with turning off code coloring, validation, etc... maybe there's a magic bullet that we can temporarily disable until Adobe comes up with a fix. One thing you could do is temporarily comment out or remove your external javascript and css files. Assuming that is the problem here it may make DW 2017 perform better.

Hope this helps! Feel free to post your test results and thoughts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your observations. I have shared your post with the team to test on our end. I will let you know after they get back to me with their findings.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried your test on a 4 year old, nothing fancy, Windows 7 64 bit machine and have no lag, performance or freezing issues.

I thought initially it may have been because I saved the files from the browser into an empty site definition (not in your original steps), so I pulled the files out, and browsed to them directly.

Nothing changed after moving the files out of the site and browsing to them directly. Aside from some annoying "can't be turned off yet" code hinting, the program functions as expected for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Jon,

That's great you aren't experiencing any performance issues.  My test setup involved running it on my Desktop and Laptop both running Windows 10 (x64).  I don't have access to a Windows 7 machine right now so perhaps DW 2017 performs better on Windows 7?

Either way, the more info we gather the better! I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines