• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word (2013) docs don't convert Traditional Chinese characters into pdf format since Windows 10 upgrade...

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!  Since I upgraded to Windows 10 a few months ago,  parts of my Word documents which are written in Traditional Chinese characters convert into cute little boxes when I use the command 'Convert to pdf' from inside MS Word.  I use Adobe Acrobat Pro IX - should I install a new font pack?  Is it anything to do with Microsoft Edge which also appeared after the upgrade and commandeered all my pdf's?! I'm using Word 2013. If anyone has any idea about this, I'd be oh-so grateful!  Thank you!

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Hi Yudit1, 

Acrobat IX or 9 is no longer supported and was never tested with Windows 10.

I would suggest updating Acrobat to the latest version and try.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Regards,
Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yudit1, 

Acrobat IX or 9 is no longer supported and was never tested with Windows 10.

I would suggest updating Acrobat to the latest version and try.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Regards,
Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I believe I am running the most current version of Reader. What is the most current number?

Thanks, Fred at Bangkok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tariq, I just downloaded ACROBAT READER. So, it must be installed over the version I was using?

Fred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am running Windows 10 and though I will next double check I have the most current version of Acrobat Reader, I believe I have it.  I am retired on a fixed income, managing a small, but passionate charity (without salary) for very poor families.  I am also a writer for two lifestyle magazines in China.  I am writing a humorous book and I need to insert a PDF file of material I previously wrote for one of these magazines with Chinese characters, formatting, and lots of cover pictures and photos within.  The PDF file is 9.52MB.  I just tried to convert the Chinese / English PDF to a WORD docuement in order to insert it onto a blank page I have left in the book between chapters to accomodate the Chinese PDF.  BUT.....the result is not okay, as the formatting is lost, and the Chinese characters.  Perhaps I need to download the Chinese language pack?  But what about the formatting issue?  Please help me.

Thanks, Fred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll probably need to lay it out again. ExportPDF isn't going to be able to maintain advanced magazine layout. But it might extract the text and pictures for you to make it again. Chinese language pack won't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, if the pages are blank maybe just combine PDF files (though that isn't free). Bringing them to Word is a certain mountain of work or disaster area, or both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines