• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG 9.7 unknown processing error with Canon 5Dm4 CR2 files

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the latest version of DNG which is supposed to support Canon 5D mark IV CR2 raw files. 

When I run it, it reports "Unknown Processing Error" for every file.  No files are converted.

I deleted the converter and reinstalled it, still not fixed.

I deleted the CR2 files and put a couple more in their folder (on my desktop). Still won't work.

Suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

A Google search led to a non-Adobe Photoshop site which gave the answer, from Adobe! 

In a Lightroom forum somewhere, someone raised a similar issue.  (I apologize for loosing the link.)

The answer is:  Adobe DNG converter cannot convert Canon dual-pixel raw (CR2) files.

Turn off Duel-Pixel in the camera and the CR2 files are recognized and coverted to DNG files.

If someone wants to use dual-pixel raw files, they have to use Canon's Digital Photo Professional software, save the files as TIFFs, th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Google search led to a non-Adobe Photoshop site which gave the answer, from Adobe! 

In a Lightroom forum somewhere, someone raised a similar issue.  (I apologize for loosing the link.)

The answer is:  Adobe DNG converter cannot convert Canon dual-pixel raw (CR2) files.

Turn off Duel-Pixel in the camera and the CR2 files are recognized and coverted to DNG files.

If someone wants to use dual-pixel raw files, they have to use Canon's Digital Photo Professional software, save the files as TIFFs, then import them into Lightroom.

What is strange is that Photoshop will open a dual-pixel CR2 file, at least in the 2017 CC version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with Canon Dual Pixel raw CR2 files in Camera Raw and Lightroom

This is the article that indicated that Adobe DNG converter, and therefore Lightroom, does not support Canon Dual-Pixel CR2 raw files.

DNG converter 9.7 supports regular, non-dual-pixel, CR2 files just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thanks. Your answer is marked so others can know there is a solution to this problem.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines