Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please enlighten me about ColdFusion

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I posed this question to StackExchange and then directed here. I hope someone can help. Please excuse my lack of understanding of Coldfusion.

The company I work for wish to update their webpages with only small cosmetic changes. For example, changing a background cover, padding, border etc.

I was informed that the site was built using Coldfusion. I can't see anything in the code to suggest it is. The only back-end is some PHP for a contact form. Aside from this, the site is static. 

I would like to know the reason(s) why I cant just update the CSS and HTML in Dreamweaver and update it using SFTP?

Thanks,

Michael.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on the info in your question, I'm not sure how ColdFusion got into the mix. You should be able to update CSS and HTML in Dreamweaver and update it using SFTP -- unless you are using a CMS that is handing out the CSS and HTML from a database. If so, maybe the CMS is written in ColdFusion and that is how it got into the mix??

Need more research and more info...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am going to ask that very question...If Coldfusion is serving the CMS and get back to you.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation