• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't copy from Illustrator CC 2017 to Animate CC 2017

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Animate CC for my menu board. I have one piece that changes daily and I've always been able to copy the text/paths from illustrator and paste them into animate. Now when I try I get this message:

Illustrator documents saved in versions of Illustrator greater than 20.0.0 cannot be imported into Animate CC

So my workaround was to export as svg from illustrator and import into animate cc. That worked the first few times I tried it; even though that is much more of a hassle than just copying and pasting, I would be okay with that eventually. But now when I try to do that, it will import what I want but it leaves off the stroke of the text I'm importing.

I tried saving my files in illustrator so they were compatible with old versions but it still didn't work. Why can't I copy paths or even text and paste them when both programs are up to date?!

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Hi Mohanaraj,

Just going through and answering your questions I figured out the solution. Somehow the last version of Animate CC didn't get uninstalled and I was opening that not the 2017 Release. Once I opened the 2017 Release I was able to copy and paste things normally. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please let us know the following details to understand this issue better?

1. Your OS details

2. The build number of Illustrator and Animate that you are using

3. Does this happen for any content or a specific content

4. What happens when you save the AI file and import it into Animate

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohanaraj,

Just going through and answering your questions I figured out the solution. Somehow the last version of Animate CC didn't get uninstalled and I was opening that not the 2017 Release. Once I opened the 2017 Release I was able to copy and paste things normally. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quick solution:

Export .ai to .svg and import svg into Animate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines