2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2016 9:43 AM by maccladd

Phonegap serve incredibly slow

I'm working through basic tutorials on using phonegap (v6.3.5) and just running it on my PC for now.

I'm also looking at using Angular2.

When I combine the two worlds, the "Phonegap serve" takes a very long time to run and to start the server... I'm talking 15 minutes on a high spec PC.

Since nothing is actually broken, there are no error messages, I just get...

[phonegap] starting app server... ( this appears after a few minutes)

[phonegap] listening on (this appears after about 15 minutes!)

[phonegap] ctrl-c to stop the server

I can navigate to the server address, and my app works.

The Angular2 app is just the "hello world" pulled down from here...

With a tweaked index.html to combine it with phonegap and minor change to the tsconfig.json files to change the typescript compile option to generate "system" type modules.

There is a healthy size node_modules directory.

Is there anything I can do to try and determine why everything is so slow?

• 1. Re: Phonegap serve incredibly slow
          kerrishotts Adobe Employee

Does the same thing occur if you run this on a newly created hello-world project? That is:

phonegap create test com.example.test test

phonegap serve

Does that take 15+ minutes as well?

Does anything show up in your computer's event log or console (or equivalent)?

Where is the node_modules directory located in relation to your project's www directory?

• 2. Re: Phonegap serve incredibly slow
            maccladd Level 1

That test project comes up straight away with no delay, although it does crash (different issue hopefully...). First error from the phonegap serve is:

[phonegap] 200 /plugins/cordova-plugin-file/www/Flags.js

rm: could not remove directory (code ENOTEMPTY): C:\Users\.....

Going back to the original issue, the node_modules directory is immediately below the www directory.