• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connecting mark between every instance of "st" in text

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm importing a book created in Word to Indesign and having a very strange problem. Every word that contains the dipthong "st" has a half-circle above connecting the two letters. I've checked to make sure that my "dictionary" is English: USA. This happened with importing both the Word document and also when I saved it as a RTF and tried again. ST image.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Turn off discretionary ligatures for your styles. It might be possible that the paragraph/character styles do not have them turned on, so you would need to clear the overrides to rid yourself  of them.

And if you do not desire the standard ligatures (like the f i combination) turn them off as well.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off discretionary ligatures for your styles. It might be possible that the paragraph/character styles do not have them turned on, so you would need to clear the overrides to rid yourself  of them.

And if you do not desire the standard ligatures (like the f i combination) turn them off as well.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're discretionary ligatures. You can disable them in the paragraph style.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much. You've helped save the day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines