• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Sign - Session Timeout issue when sending from within Acrobat

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to send a document to "Get others to sign" within Acrobat Pro, the message is returned, "Your session has timed out. Please close window and try again." Closing the window does not fix the error nor does restarting Acrobat. This all worked fine when I was in the trial version but as soon as I have paid for the "sign" feature this function within Acrobat does not work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Acrobat, what OS, and have you installed an update to you OS or Acrobat right before this problem started?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat XI v11.0.18

Win7 Pro SP1

Dell Latitude E5450

The computer is on a corporate network and they push all updates to us, but I did not see a notice of update around the time when this error started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the email id you are using in Acrobat ? Was this workflow working for you before ?

Regards,

Anurag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anurag, You may be onto something here. I have the same email address for both my Adobe ID and the Adobe Sign but they have different passwords. Could this be the cause of my troubles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite possible. Please share with the email id you are using. I will sync with the Engineering team.

Regards,

Anurag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anurag, I sent to you a message with the Adobe ID in it.... thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I have forward your request to engineering team. Will let you know their response.

By the way did it ever work in your Acrobat X1 ?

Regards,

Anurag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Anurag, Yes it did work at one time. Stopped working just after I upgraded to the pay version of Adobe Sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Sign was unable to process your PDF document(s) because we were unable to read one or more of them. This can occur if your document is corrupt or badly formed. You may wish to use the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to re-save this document to repair it  

what is soltn of this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Sign processes the document just fine from the Web Portal. Also, Adobe Sign feature within Acrobat had no problem with the document PRIOR to me paying for the feature. This problem started after I paid for the feature. I have a full Pro version of Acrobat XI, so why do I need to use Reader to fix my problem?

No solution, no support, very frustrated customer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The test id you are using has DC entitlements. The IDs which have DC entitlements cannot use Acrobat XI.

Please download and use Acrobat DC .

Regards,

Anurag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well.. here we are Dec 5th and I have not gotten any resolution, haven't even managed to speak with anyone but basic level support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the resolution is that there is no resolution. I'm not very pleased about it either. I paid for Acrobat Pro XI and found and used the Sign function within that program and it worked wonderfully. There it is a menu item within the program and it is all integrated into the Acrobat XI, worked like a charm, but...ho ho wait it's only a teaser. You can only use it for a limited time and then it prompts you to "upgrade" to the pay version of Sign... okay so far I'm still onboard, because it worked from within the Acrobat Pro XI and saved me some steps over the other options that I had found. Pay $120 and presto now it doesn't work unless I switch from Acrobat Pro XI to the Acrobat DC for even more money. I had taunted this as a great solution to my boss, was allowed to purchase for the upgrade. I was on the verge of presenting this solution to a larger group but I am having to backpedal now. Does it still work? Well, yes, sort of, but not as originally described.

Why was this not made apparent BEFORE I was asked to pay for it. Why would a feature in a PAID Pro version of software work for "free" and then when you are forced to upgrade it ceases to function. A bait and switch scheme, misleading advertising and disingenuous marketing tactics. Every time I see that "Get Others To Sign" button in the menu I will be reminded of this experience.

Shame on you Adobe... Shame on you. Not to mention the 3 weeks of phone calls and frustration it took for me to be told that the functionality that I paid for in my Pro version of software would no longer work after I paid additional monies for it to work. If I want that feature to continue to work I need to upgrade another program.... There are certainly other options for working with PDF's and I will be rethinking my longtime allegiance to Adobe Acrobat. Adobe has set the bar to a new LOW in customer support. Dear Adobe, Your Session Has Timed Out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran across this after the same story as aqua_man.  Fortunately the Acrobat XI came with a scanner, so it was "free".  Then I also found the sign functionality after having used other services that also did not work.  Oh well, bye bye Adobe.  You are not even the best pdf solution out there, and this "no solution" just corroborates that.  Thanks for wasting a couple hours of my time, I guess I'm fortunate in this.  Sorry aqua_man, some companies just don't five a duck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing with me. The boss decided this was PERFECT! So he paid for me to use it with all our customers - but wait, THERE'S MORE! Not a stupid ginsu knife - now I have to upgrade? THIS STINKS!!!! Adobe - this is a disgusting bait and switch tactic - I agree - Adobe should make good on their product. I suppose the need for the annual plan isn't enough, they need you to switch to DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cannot express the extreme HATE that I feel for companies that pull this kind of crap. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines