Are the other manuals also maintained with RoboHelp for Word or with RoboHelp HTML?
In the source Word document in your project, is there anything at that location such as a bookmark or other marker? Perhaps that interferes.
The search result text is not dynamically retrieved from the topic. Instead, it is stored in one of the search index files to make is quicker to get to that information. So the root will lie in the conversion from Word to WebHelp.
Thank you for your response, Willam. A correction to the original information I supplied. We are using RoboHelp HTML 11 (not RoboHelp Word) to develop and maintain all our application help. The spacing problem is occurring in a project where all composition was accomplished in RH with no source document. I apologize for the misleading information.
To answer your question, the word 'Use' starts a new paragraph. The text prior to that paragraph is hyperlinked. The text immediately following the paragraph is bookmarked. My original thought was that there were hidden characters or a style misapplied, but I find neither.
I am interested in the search index files you mentioned as this points to the possibility of the issue being introduced during project generation. I use the Batch Generate/WebHelp options.
The index files are found in the whxdata folder. You'll find a lot of package_x_xml.js files, which contain the search index. I shouldn't matter whether you use batch generate or normal generation, but you never know.
Can you post the HTML of that paragraph? I'd like to try that text in a topic to see what it does. Perhaps it is an issue with RoboHelp creating the summary because of some HTML.
Your request made me look more closely at the HTML. As you will see, there is a space '</b>' between the 'u' and 's' in the word 'use' as well as '</font>.' The space is not present in design view.
<p class="EPS_Para_Text"><b><font style="font-weight: normal;">U</font></b>se
the following hyperlinks to quickly navigate to a specific set of Work
Queue Screen links in the table below.</p>
I am leaving the office and will be unable to respond further until 28 Nov.
I've pasted in your code to RoboHelp 11 and I get the same result. And once I remove the inline styling, the problem disappears. RoboHelp 2015 has the same behaviour.
The easiet approach is to remove the inline styling from the project. Search and replace <b><font style="font-weight: normal;"> with nothing, as well as </font></b>. Since these styles cancel one another out, your reader won't notice anything.
You can also log a bug for this with Adobe: Home . Though I don't think they'll be fixing it in RoboHelp 11.