• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to save the video after rotoscoping?

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

After i end up with the rotoscoping how do i save that what i rotoscoped? I mean i want to cut a person that i shoot a video and put him on other backround . Am i doing it right? Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you do the rotoscoping? If you used the Roto Brush tool, it's a good idea to freeze it (with the Freeze button) to prevent oddities later.

Did you use masks?

Anyway, once you have someone cut out, simply put the new background on a layer beneath the person. I'm not sure what else you are having problems with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow the image i put as a backround shows up only there where i cut the person...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

there are a few ways to rotoscope so it will be helpful to show us what exactly are you doing with screenshots. the way you are describing your problem in the last response seems to be related to how your mask mode is set. when you use masks and set it to Add (the default) - it will show only the image. when set to subtract - it will show everything else but the cut area.

it appears you are new to the this whole process. rotoscoping is one of the toughest challenges you could face when it comes to visual effects. you should read enough about it before you dive right it because 90% success ain't gonna cut it (pun intended). here is some training for you: Managing and animating shape paths and masks in After Effects  , After Effects CC tutorial: Rotoscoping with paths | lynda.com - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines