• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Real-time Preview" no longer opens pages

Engaged ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to CC and would like help with being able to view a page on a browser before uploading the page. On CS5, it was a breeze.

Is there a way to do it besides using File > Real-time Preview? I ask because, when I select that action, I get a new window with a "sad face on a phone" icon, followed by this text:

You tried to access an external HTML page, which can not be opened on the device for preview. Open the page in Dreamweaver to preview the page on the device.

Please advise how I'm to view my current page before uploading it. And, might there be more than one way to do it?

Thanks, very much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Real-Time Preview is a new feature in this version.  For some reason, the developers didn't offer an option to turn it off in Preferences.  So for now,  Right-Click on your document tab (or a file in your Files Panel) and select Open in Browser.  Choose your preferred browser.  Don't use F12.

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Real-Time Preview is a new feature in this version.  For some reason, the developers didn't offer an option to turn it off in Preferences.  So for now,  Right-Click on your document tab (or a file in your Files Panel) and select Open in Browser.  Choose your preferred browser.  Don't use F12.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, Nancy!

Your suggestion works well with each test. Thanks. (Incidentally, I'm a Mac head who's never used an F-key, so I'm glad that that's not the suggested route.)

Can [we subscribers] assume that this issue will be resolved promptly — in the next update?

Perhaps in addition to making it controllable in the Preferences pane, a link could/should be added to the top horizontal and left vertical menus; that's where I'd expect to check my page's appearance, which I do frequently. (CS5 had that linked located prominently in the top tools bar.)

Here's hoping . . .

(  ; - )

Warren

________

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PIB icon was moved in 2015 to the bar below your document window.

Presently, Real-Time Preview icons appear below the document window and in the Code Inspector.  See screenshot.  During the public Beta there was talk of moving Preview Icon from Code Inspector to the Common Tollbar (on my workspace, far left).  But it didn't happen [yet]. 

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your screen shot, Nancy.

On my app, the Real-time Preview icon is in the document's bottom bar only, to the far right, as your screen shot shows.

I do NOT have that icon in my Code Inspector pane. Must I do something to locate there?

Wondering Warren

PS: Would you please provide me with the most appropriate link to the forum for Photoshop? I must reload my PS CS6 but the Chat rep told me, "Your serial number has been removed from our records for piracy reasons hence your serial number cannot be used." I don't know what to do next — and I need to reactivate my app to meet two photo edit deadlines. I appreciate your help with this, Nancy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there some reason you can't use the current Photoshop CC?   I'm using it right now without disruptions to workflow.

Photoshop General Discussion

the Chat rep told me, "Your serial number has been removed from our records for piracy reasons hence your serial number cannot be used."

What?!  I have no idea what that double talk is supposed to mean. Log-in to your Adobe Account. 

https://accounts.adobe.com/

Unless there is something peculiar we don't know about, your serial number should be there.

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a paid Creative Cloud Subscriber, you have access to Photoshop CS6, CC, CC2014, CC2015, two versions of CC2015.5 and CC2017.

All under your current CC Subscription Id, no serial number needed.

To get them through the CC Desktop App, follow these instructions: How to Find and Install Previous Version of Adobe Apps in CC 2015 | Adobe Customer Care Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking maybe Warren didn't subscribe to the whole package -- just single app Dreamweaver.

What Jon said is correct if you have the Full Plan.

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon and Nancy, thank you very much!

I've followed the suggested steps and when I clicked Install on the Photoshop selection, no drop-down window appeared, which ought to have shown my previously purchased versions and upgrades (i.e., "PS CS2" in 2006, "Creative Suite 5 Web Premium Upgrade from CS2/CS3 Mac" in 2010, and Photoshop CS6 Extended Mac Download in 2014."

Instead, when I clicked install, PS CC 17 began installing. I stopped its download.

Is there someone at headquarters who can hold my hand through this reinstall process? I need to restore my PS CS6 app but find challenges with every approach I've taken.

BTW: To answer your question, Nancy, I see no need to upgrade to PS CC. My CS6 worked very well with macOS Yosemite (10.10). I want only to reactivate my CS6 so I can meet my deadlines.

I very much appreciate whatever support you can give me. Many thanks, in advance.

Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, let's clarify 2 things.  Creative Suite is legacy software previously sold on perpetual license and activated with serial numbers.  Those are not part of the Creative Cloud plan which doesn't use serial numbers.  Even if you had them installed at one time, you won't see those legacy apps in your Creative Cloud desktop app. Totally separate things.

Creative Cloud includes

• CS6

To find older apps, you must click on FIND ADDITIONAL APPS  > All Apps > PREVIOUS VERSIONS.  See screenshot.

Hope this helps.

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, indeed!

I found the CS6 link and have begun its download. Hoooooooray!

Your screen shot with numbered steps was verrrry helpful. The web page that Jon provided wasn't as clear to me; I missed seeing that other "View Previous Response" at the bottom of the drop-down list. Had that page's screen shot shown a red arrow to that specific link, I'd have clicked it.     (  : - )     (Perhaps someone can add such an arrow to that page's image so future customers won't have to contact Adobe support to locate and download previous versions.)

Sorry to have caused you to spend extra time on my inquiry, Nancy. Nevertheless, I gained much from your effort and will mark it "Helpful."

Thanks, again.

Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to tell you this BUT . . .

Screen Shot 2016-11-17 at 1.19.02 PM.png

Every click on Continue brought back the same error message one second later.     Arrrrrgh!

I'll be most appreciative of your efforts to allow me to successfully get my CS6 app up and running. . . . Most appreciative!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you close all other Adobe applications yet?

Did you try re-booting your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm afraid that I didn't do either task but will do both now.

. . .

Back to you soon.

Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy . .  I'm about to cry.    (  ; - (

After quitting ALL apps and restarting my Mac, I clicked the CC icon in the top menu. I then clicked the "Previous Version" link to the right of "FIND ADDITIONAL APPS" and scrolled down to the "VIEW PREVIOUS VERSIONS" link at the bottom of the drop-down window.

Nowhere does the Photoshop icon and Install link appear as shown here.     (  ; - (

Screen Shot 2016-11-17 at 2.11.41 PM.png

I don't know why my efforts continue to be blocked continually. Do you know why the Photoshop CS6 app no longer appears after having been able to download only 42 percent of the file before learning that that download failed?

I very much need help with this timely install. What might you suggest we do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at my screenshot again.

Apps >

ALL Apps

VIEW PREVIOUS VERSIONS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy:

Having restarted my Mac, the options available from the CC menu now differ.

Here's what appears when I open the panel by clicking the CC icon . . .

Screen Shot 2016-11-17 at 2.37.36 PM.png

Please note: Now there's only the "FIND ADDITIONAL APPS" header with "ALL APPS" to its right. The PS app now has a "TRY" button rather than the previous "INSTALL" button that, when clicked, enabled me to select "PS CS6."

The availability of apps interface has changed significantly. I can no longer find CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the Gear icon (upper right) of CC Desktop app. 

Click on Preferences

Sign-Out

Re-open CC Desktop app.

Log-in with your paid CC user name (email) and password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've repeated the prescribed process three intentional times. Every instance brings the same window that I've shown above, which differs from your screen shot.

CS6-fourthStep.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watch this short screencast (no audio).

http://alt-web.com/Media/CreativeCloudDesktop.mp4

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the step-by-step resource you've provided (and made?).

Sadly, after restarting and clicking the menu-bar icon and selecting "Apps," the selection I find differs from your video and screen shot.

Nevertheless, on my CC panel, after selecting "Apps," I clicked "Previous Versions."

In its dropdown, I selected "All Apps" (the first of six filters).

Next, I selected "Photography (the fourth filter)."

I clicked that new "Photography" hyperlink. At the bottom of its drop-down list I clicked "VIEW PREVIOUS VERSIONS."

Here's what appears after clicking that link. . .

CS6-fifthStep.png

I'm awfully certain that I'm following your specific steps. Unfortunately, what appears for me =in the CC panel differs from your video and scree shot.

Would now be a good time to ask a technician to help me by using Screen-Share on my desktop so that this challenge can finally get resolved? If so, please ask him or her to email me and I'll e-reply with my phone number.

Thanks, so much, Nancy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would now be a good time to ask a technician to help me by using Screen-Share on my desktop so that this challenge can finally get resolved? If so, please ask him or her to email me and I'll e-reply with my phone number.

There is no need for this because you can download the old Applications from this link:

<Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications .>

For activations, you get the options to either enter your old serial number or just enter your email that is registered for CC subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, mytaxsite:

I suspect that you answered my closing post without looking at my earlier post (shown above, made on Nov. 17, at 10:21. It described the roadb;ockI encountered after attempting that download. Please also see the subsequent e-replies to it from Nancy and Jon (at 10:38 and 10:51, respectively).

I'm hesitant to go through that download process again.

I need an Adobe technician to contact me and share my screen to see how what I open from the menu-bar icon's pane differs from what Nancy and Adobe expect me to find.

Would someone please step in and connect with me an appropriate technician so I can finally reactivate my DW CS6 app?

Many thanks to whomever will help with this connection.

Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have a trial, previous versions aren't offered.

You must be logged-on as a paid subscriber.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Nancy:

Sorry, but I don't understand what you're stating or suggesting. Kindly elaborate for me; ask specific questions so I can respond meaningfully; give me specific steps if you're suggesting that I do something different from what I've already attempted.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines