• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Export pop up window installed" dialogue box

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New in InDesign CC v12 2017 - a dialogue box pops up every time the application is opened and it does not have a 'don't show again' button - it interferes with the opening of files as it starts up - the dialogue window says "Export pop-up window installed - Background Tasks will appear the start of an export and a dialog will appear after each export complete." - is there a way to stop this appearing every time? Is there a way to stop the actual function it is referring to? - I don't want a dialogue window to pop up when a pdf has exported in the background - that's why we have background tasks so we can get on with what we are doing - i can see the progress from the 'background task' pallet.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You've added a third party script, to eliminate the dialogue box you need to remove the script.

Go the the Adobe InDesign CC application folder > Scripts> Startup Scripts and remove the file> 'exportPop.jsx'

(re) launch Indesign =end of problem.

I had added this script years ago and got rid of it shortly after. However it strangely reappeared with the installation of CC 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines