2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2016 2:18 AM by Just Shoot Me

Upgrade From Lightroom 6.72

ChickCNC

Hi I am ready to upgrade from the desktop version of Lightroom to Creative Cloud. As Photoshop and the others will be new programs all I am worried about is Lightroom.

Will all my preset, settings and library move to The CC version or will I have to manually move the resets and redo all the settings etc?

What is the easiest way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Chick

• 1. Re: Upgrade From Lightroom 6.72
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC are the very same program. The only difference is that when running under the CC license you have additional features. You can use the very same program you have installed now. All you have to do is switch to CC and add Photoshop and continue your work..

• 2. Re: Upgrade From Lightroom 6.72
            Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Once you buy, Subscribe to, the CC Photographer Plan you might have to Sign Out of LR then Sign back In using the same Adobe ID you used to buy the subscription. That should turn the 6 version into the CC version without ever having to uninstall and reinstall. Both 6 and CC are exactly the same program. It is the Adobe ID you use to Sign In with that changes it from one to the other. An Adobe ID that IS Associated with a subscription plan it becomes the CC version. An Adobe ID that is not and never has been associated with a subscription plan and it becomes the 6 version.