• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nontransparent Stamps

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Acrobat XI Pro. I am trying to create a stamp with a white background. For some reason, every stamp I create has a transparent background.

I type the text in either MS Word or WordPerfect and save as a PDF.

In Acrobat, I crop the PDF to the include only the text I was as the stamp. Then, in Acrobat, I click "Custom Stamps," "Create Custom Stamps," and select the PDF file I saved above. When I use the stamp, it has a transparent background.

In the past, the background was white and I had to take extra steps to make a stamp with a transparent background.

Did something change? Am I doing something wrong? This used to be really easy, and now I am at a loss. I have tried on both my office and home computer with the same results.

Thank you in advance for any help. This is my first post, I apologize if I picked the wrong forum. I tried unsuccessfully to find the answer in either the forum or in general with Google. All my search results show how to create a transparent stamp.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

I think this is due to a change in MS Word - I don't know about WordPerfect, it's been decades since I last used that application. Word used to always add a white background to any PDF file you created from a Word document. When I just tried this, there was no longer a white background. You are correct, in the past, there was always an additional step to remove that background. The good news is, that' no longer necessary However, if you want to have a non-transparent stamp, you now have to add

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is due to a change in MS Word - I don't know about WordPerfect, it's been decades since I last used that application. Word used to always add a white background to any PDF file you created from a Word document. When I just tried this, there was no longer a white background. You are correct, in the past, there was always an additional step to remove that background. The good news is, that' no longer necessary However, if you want to have a non-transparent stamp, you now have to add an additional step to your process.

Here is how I would approach this: You need to create a text box in MS Word, and then specify a white background color for that text box. Once converted to PDF, that background color will be behind the text. When you now create a stamp from that PDF file, that background will obscure anything in your document that the stamp is place on top of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines