• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I import catalog from PSE12 to Lr CC

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased Lr CC.  Trying to import the catalog from PSE 12 but Lr gives error message that the catalog does not appear to be a proper photoshop catalog.  I have tried a fresh backup but got the same results.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved your question to the Lightroom forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what steps have you followed. Please tell us in detail.

Also, what is the exact word-for-word error message?

Please confirm the version number of Lightroom you are using by going to Lightroom, selecting Help->System Info, and then reporting the version number here. Do not use words like "up-to-date" or "current".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding.

I have Lr 2015.7 release, Camera raw 9.7 When I open Lr I get a dialog box asking if I'd like to import photos from PSE 12. When I click import a box opens that says step 1 of 3. A progress bar runs for about 5 seconds and then disappears. I don't believe anything is running at that point, it seems to just quit.

I have gone to File: Import catalog from Photoshop. I have attempted to locate the catalog file manually and import it that way but the dialog box has next to the file name "supported files". The photoshop cat file is catalog.buc but I get a message that the file does not appear to be a valid PSE file.

I telephoned Lr yesterday and they took control of my computer and we worked together for 1 1/2 hours. They finally advise that this seems to be a PSE issue and they could no longer help me. I'm hoping you can steer me in the right direction.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's a PSE catalog problem, then I can't help.

The only concern I have is that you should open Lightroom and then use the command File->Upgrade Photoshop Elements Catalog. You didn't mention this. Have you tried this command?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom I don't have command File->Upgrade Photoshop Elements Catalog. I do have optimize catalog??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's part of the problem, I'm sure.

Is PSE 12 installed on your computer at this time? If yes, then uninstall Lightroom and then reinstall Lightroom. To reinstall, go to Install Photoshop Lightroom , download and install the Application Installer and then download and install the update to LR 2015.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE 12 is currently installed on my computer. After I install Lightroom 6.7/2015.7 where will I find the update? You really think this might solve my problem??

You've been very helpful, do you work for Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After I install Lightroom 6.7/2015.7 where will I find the update

Same link

You really think this might solve my problem??

Possibly. The only way to find out is to give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines