8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2016 12:28 AM by olafw98346532

How do I get my RAW files from an iphone 7 Plus into desktop LR

olafw98346532

Hi folks - I'm a member of CC. I'm signed in on both on my desktop Mac and my new iphone 7 Plus. In LR I have all my images in one catalog. On the desktop I click on 'sync with LR Mobile' and I get a warning dialog box stating that I must delete all previously synced fotos. Screen Shot 2016-11-17 at 15.09.46.png

I'm assuming this refers to the hundreds of shots uploaded from my previous mobile phones? Well I don't want to do that. I just want to upload the RAW images shot by the 7 Plus into the existing catalog. Is this not possible? Thanks for any advice you may have.

• 1. Re: How do I get my RAW files from an iphone 7 Plus into desktop LR
          Tom Hogarty Adobe Employee

Olaf,

When a customer is signed into Lightroom mobile and Lightroom CC with the same Adobe ID and using only one catalog on the desktop, the DNG files captured on the iPhone should flow from iPhone to Desktop through the Creative Cloud.  The message you're receiving indicates that at some point you enabled the sync functionality in a different catalog.  To help troubleshoot:

Can you let us know what platform you're using(Mac or Win)?
          Under Help -> System Info, can you provide the line that starts with "Library Path..."
          Have you previously recovered from any hard drive failures while using Lightroom? 

Regards,

Tom Hogarty
          Adobe Systems

• 2. Re: How do I get my RAW files from an iphone 7 Plus into desktop LR
            olafw98346532 Level 1

Hi Tom

Thanks for the quick response.

I’m on an iMac, see spec screen shot below.

Here’s the system info:

Application folder: /Applications/Adobe Lightroom

Library Path: /Users/olaf2016/Pictures/Lightroom/Lightroom Catalog.lrcat

Settings Folder: /Users/olaf2016/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom

No I’ve not previously had any trouble with LR or HD recovery issues. I did play around with LR Mobile on an iPad I no longer own and may well have put in some wrong info at that stage.

Thank you.

• 3. Re: How do I get my RAW files from an iphone 7 Plus into desktop LR

Olaf,

A few more questions for you:
              1. Have you updated your Operating System recently?
              2. Have you ever launched or used Lightroom on a different computer(Since April of 2014)?

3. Log on to Lightroom.adobe.com and that will show you the images that you had previously sync'd from all devices(phone, tablet) and perhaps a different catalog.

Regards,

Tom Hogarty

Adobe Systems

• 4. Re: How do I get my RAW files from an iphone 7 Plus into desktop LR
                olafw98346532 Level 1

Hi Tom

1. Recently no.

2. Yes I use LR on my MacBook laptop as I teach creative photography in US/UK and need to upload and run student slideshows. However this is entirely separate and I never connect it in any way to my desktop.

3. Done that and it shows only 1 image of a drum which I shot today as a test on my new iPhone 7 Plus. This is just a test and I’m perfectly happy to lose it if needed.

What do you suggest as a next step?

Thanks.

• 5. Re: How do I get my RAW files from an iphone 7 Plus into desktop LR

Olaf,

I suspect that your copy of Lightroom on your MacBook laptop is signed in and set to sync with Lr mobile.  I would open up that version of Lightroom and pause sync in the upper left corner in the location of the Identity Plate. 

If Lightroom.adobe.com shows only one image, where do you believe the "hundreds" of other shots captured by a previous phone are located?  They might be stuck on that prior phone and remain unsync'd with Lightroom(web and desktop).   You'll probably be ok to click the "Delete Previously Synced Photos" button since there's only one image on Lightroom.adobe.com but I want to understand what happened to your prior smartphone photos before making that recommendation.

This is a topic of great interest to the team so thank you for providing additional information so we can understand your situation and hopefully help other customers who might encounter a similar scenario.

Regards,

Tom Hogarty

Adobe Systems

• 6. Re: How do I get my RAW files from an iphone 7 Plus into desktop LR
                    olafw98346532 Level 1

Hi Tom

I’m not checked in to LR Mobile on my laptop.

I think you may be right that the images never synced. There gone forever now as I lost my previous iPhone in a forest, which is why I got the 7 Plus. It’s not the end of the world as I used the Photo Transfer app to bring over the best shots - because I somehow felt that the transfer wasn’t working properly.

However the whole idea now becomes more important as I can transfer RAW files so I want to get it working smoothly. My sole concern is that I have a lot of images in desktop LR (transferred via SD card and the above PT app) and I want to make sure they are not in jeopardy in any way before clicking ‘ delete’.

I’ll wait for your response before trying that. Appreciate your help.

Best

• 7. Re: How do I get my RAW files from an iphone 7 Plus into desktop LR

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your phone and previous images.  With only one image in your account I believe you're fine to click delete and connect your primary Lightroom computer/catalog to your iPhone7 via Creative Cloud. Good luck and please keep us informed on your progress.

Regards,

Tom Hogarty

Adobe Systems

• 8. Re: How do I get my RAW files from an iphone 7 Plus into desktop LR
                        olafw98346532 Level 1

Hi Tom

OK all done! Images taken on my phone now pop up in LR on my desktop. So the universe is back in alignment. 

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Best