• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How many licenced machines with LR6 ?

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I buy LR6, on how many machines can I download it?

Is it true that I can download it on only two machines? And, even worse, that I can only use one of the two at a time?

If true, it would seem to me quite below market practices. I am looking  for a solution for the whole family (four people) and this would be extremely penalizing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may download it on as many machines as you like, but can only activate two at a time and use one at a time.

mrz frn wrote:

If true, it would seem to me quite below market practices

Please explain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As with all software licenses, you can install, activate, and use it on two computers as in a laptop and a desktop.

The two computers can be used at the same time. I do it all the time, working with my desktop to prepare images and testing them on my laptop to practice and prepare for a teaching or demo class.

In theory you could download and install on multiple computers and then only activate two at a time. And then each time you want to use the software on a different computer, you would need to de-activate one computer and activate another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Software may be used according to the license that is attached to this software. As you may be used to the family packs of Microsoft Office, this is an exception and not the rule to the licensing practice.

You are entitled to have a running copy of the Adobe Software (any Adobe software as of my knowledge, but true for Lightroom) on 2 computers at the same time. You are entitled to use only one of those to computers at the same time. That's a very advantageous license from Adobe.

If you are looking for a solution for the whole family, you would need 4 licenses. I doubt however, that the whole family is in need of a professional photo editing tool.

But hey Adobe: How would it sound to bring out a family license?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Abambo,

You said "You are entitled to use only one of those to computers at the same time."

This is not totally accurate.

Your Adobe License allows you to install the software on two computers, as in a laptop and desktop, and use  or (activate the software ) on those two at the same time. The allows one creative to be able to view his or her creations on two machines and switch between them as necessary. The intent is for a person to design on a desktop and then view it on a laptop that he/she can take with him/her to show clients or for travel. It makes total sense and is the policy of almost all software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kentdesign wrote:

You said "You are entitled to use only one of those to computers at the same time."

This is not totally accurate.

However, you may not run the software simultaneously on both the primary and secondary computers.

The above is quoted from here:

Adobe end-user license agreements FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Activate: yes

Using on both computers concurrently: no, even that it is physically possible to do.

The aim here is to give you some flexibility like office / home office or desktop and laptop. It is not intended to let you use the software on two machines at the same time, having effectively 2 workstations. We have 5 licenses at our site, because we have 5 people working with the software concurrently. And yes, when you travel, you will not work on your desktop and when you're in your office, your working on your (probably better equipped) desktop.

And no, it is not the policy of almost all software. It is however the standard Adobe policy since a long time and it is copied by others, because it makes sense.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines